Citizens / Residual Material
Purchase of bins
Bins used for waste and recycling are available at the Municipality of Pontiac at a cost of $120 each. This cost includes the repair of wheels and the replacement of broken lids, during the useful life of the bin. If a bin is otherwise damaged, please note that the waste and/or recyclable materials may not be recovered by the contractor. In these circumstances, the Municipality recommends the purchase of a new bin.
Bulky objects – accepted/refused
Bulky objects will be collected 4 times per year, that is during the weeks of :
- January 20, 2021
- April 26, 2021
- July 19, 2021
- Oct. 25, 2021
Please note that bulky objects must be out by 7:00 a.m. on the morning of the garbage collection. The contractor will pick up bulky items on the same day as the garbage collection only.
- Bathtub (acrylic or fiberglass)
- Furniture with fabric (couch, armchair)
- Wooden bed frame
- Large plastic items (furniture, toys)
- Garden hose
- Plastic pool filter (empty)
- Pool cover and carpet cut up in 4-foot pieces, rolled up and tied
- Styrofoam, provided it does not contain water
- Artificial Christmas tree
- Wooden furniture
- Bulbs and lamps are accepted in the collection of household waste or bulky items, depending on their size.
- Flat glass (window, patio door, glass and mirror), but must not include the framing. The glass must be broken and put in a cardboard box or an open container.
- Aquarium, the glass must be broken and put in a cardboard box or an open container.
- Pool pump
- Vaccum cleaner
- Building materials and waste: wood, door, ceramic, vinyl and other type of floor covering, vinyl and other type of siding, mineral wool, etc.
- Gravel, sand, asphalt
- Soil (contaminated or not)
- Household waste
- Recyclable materials
- Recyclable materials and compostable waste
- Metal bulky items: Metal bathtub, parts and pieces of metal, bed frame, door, metal furniture, tire rim, household appliances, hot water tank, air conditioning unit, cooler, barbecue, exercise equipment, heat pump, etc.
- Hazardous household waste
- Natural Christmas tree
- Opaque plastic bag
- Car parts
- Equipment containing gasoline or oil (lawnmowers, snowblowers, chainsaws)
- Dead animals
- Electronic devices
- Watercrafts : boat, pedal boat, canoe, kayak, etc.
- Gun and amunition
In order to comply with the Residual Materials Management Bylaw and to increase the efficiency of garbage collection operations, the Municipality will distribute courtesy notes as of July 12, 2021, as set out in Bylaw no. 10-16.
Click here pour voir un modèle du billet ce courtoisie.
Recyc-Québec is the reference for everything related to responsible waste management in Québec. Visit their site to learn more about what goes in the bin.
1975 Lac-des-Loups Road
Waste disposal services near Pontiac
For the disposal of products near Pontiac, such as varnishes, paints, stains, used oils or any other residual materials, we invite you to consult the City of Gatineau's Green Directory.